What's Happening in London blog

Kylie joins Jubilee line-up

Kylie Minogue is the latest name to be added to the bill for London’s Diamond Jubilee concert.

The concert, which is due to take place on June 4 outside Buckingham Palace, will be a huge celebration to mark the Queen’s 60th anniversary on the throne.

Those already confirmed on the line-up include Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones, Elton John, Dame Shirley Bassey, Cliff Richard, Annie Lennox, Jessie J, JLS and Madness.

The concert is being organised by the BBC and former Take That frontman Gary Barlow. Anyone wanting to attend had to take part in a national ballot for the 10,000 free tickets available. The concert will also be broadcast live on BBC1 and on BBC Radio 2.

Gary Barlow said: “It is going to be an amazing line-up of world-class artists coming together to play at one of the biggest and most exciting live music shows in recent years. I love the monarchy and love the Queen. I am just very excited about the whole event.”

Kylie, who has previously performed for Prince Charles, said: “I’m honoured to be invited to perform at the Diamond Jubilee Concert.

“To share the stage in front of Buckingham Palace with music legends including Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones and Elton John in celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is very exciting.”

A concert was held in the palace grounds 10 years ago to mark the Queen’s Golden Jubilee. This time the stage will be built around the Victoria Monument in front of the palace. There will be seating for up to 20,000 people, many of these being used for charities.

This entry was posted in Music. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *