Cityvisitor blog

Man gets head stuck in a microwave…

I’ve heard of plenty of unusual incidents that firefighters have been called to, but a recent one really takes the biscuit.

Firefighters were called to rescue a man who had cemented a microwave to his head with the help of a group of friends.

Reportedly trying to use the microwave as a mould, the group had poured Pollyfilla around the man’s head before placing the oven on top. It took firefighters nearly an hour to free him, while he managed to breathe through a tube.

Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service, said: “Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded.

“He was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe more easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.”

Earlier this year there was the girl who got stuck in a cavity between a window and a building after throwing her poo out of the window and then trying to retrieve it (true story). Other crazy firefighter rescue jobs this year have included children getting their fingers stuck in toys and a cow who got stuck in a sink hole.

On a more serious note, we really should spare a thought for our firefighters and all the other emergency services and medical staff who work 24 hours a day over Christmas and New Year while we all sit back and relax.

Let’s do our best not to get ourselves into any ridiculous scrapes that take up their time when they should be saving lives. I, for one, promise not to put a microwave or any other large and silly object on my head.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-cements-head-microwave-rescue-effort-a8098311.html

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.